Pool ionizer system reduces maintenance and chemicals › ClearBlue Ionizer manual and pool ionizer questions › Help › Maintenance › The Ionizing light was blue but now it is flashing red. What does that mean?
- This topic is empty.
- March 24, 2021 at 4:12 pm #7732
If your ionizer has the blue number screen, the Ionizing light should be on solid blue when it is set to Ion/Action and everything is working properly. If the Ionizing light was blue, but now it is flashing red, this normally means that it is time to replace the cell. Check the two electrode bars on the cell and if they are shorter than 1/2″ or 10mm, it is time to replace it.
Please check our store locator or Google ‘ClearBlue Ionizer Replacement Cell’ to find the best place to purchase a replacement cell.
A flashing red light could also mean:
– The cell plug (pink or blue plug) is not completely plugged into the controller. WARNING: Unplug the power to the controller or turn off the breaker to the spa before adjusting the cell plug
– The two electrode bars on the cell are not completely under water
– One or both of the electrode bars are scaled up enough to prevent an electric current from transmitting. Power down the controller, Remove the cell and scrape off the scale with a metal file. Once cleaned, replace the cell and power up the controller
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.