Pool ionizer system reduces maintenance and chemicals › ClearBlue Ionizer manual and pool ionizer questions › How do I start up and maintain my ClearBlue mineral spa?
- This topic is empty.
- September 24, 2021 at 11:55 am #8804
1) Fill the spa with a pre-filter (recommended for all water sources)
2) Balance pH (7.2 – 7.6), alkalinity (80 – 120) and calcium hardness (200 – 400). TDS must be at least 200 for the ClearBlue system to work
3) Set the ClearBlue controller Ion/Action and Large Dose settings according to this calculation: Volume of Spa / 2,500 x 33
4) Add 3 spa-sized chlorine or bromine pucks (or equivalent liquid or granular chlorine/bromine to get 3-5ppm chlorine/bromine)
5) Test copper after the Large Dose expires (it will time out and switch to the Ion/Action setting).
a. If copper is 0.2ppm – 0.4ppm, spa is properly ionized
b. If copper is below 0.2ppm, press the Large Dose button again
c. Repeat b) until copper is 0.2ppm
1) Use 1 spa-sized chlorine or bromine puck per week (or equivalent liquid or granular chlorine/bromine to maintain 0.5 – 1ppm chlorine/bromine)
2) Use a spa shock after heavy usage
3) Test copper every week or two and make sure copper is 0.2ppm 0.4ppm. If it is dropping off, turn the Ion/Action setting up by 5 points
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.